Mutable Instruments' description of the Mutable Instruments Veils quad vca
Who said you never have enough VCAs?
Veils provides four VCAs with an adjustable response curve and offset control.
Veils’ outputs are daisy-chained, allowing adjacent groups of 2, 3, or all 4 channels to be mixed together.
10 HP 25mm +12V: 50mA -12V: 50mA
The cornerstones of modular patches
VCAs are absolutely essential in a modular system, for example for:
- Shaping the amplitude or timbre of a tone with an envelope.
- Animating a mixture of several oscillators.
- Controlling the amount of filter modulation with a random source or a touch controller.
- Applying an envelope on the linear FM signal hitting an oscillator.
- More compact footprint (10-HP), with sliders instead of knobs for the main gain/CV control.
- Gain indicator LED.
- Positive offset control (0 to 8V) for direct use of bipolar modulation sources.
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- All inputs handle audio-rate signals.
- Input impedance: 100k for all inputs.
- Gain scale: a +5V CV translates to a gain of 1 (0dB), both in linear and in exponential mode.
- Large gains above +20dB (sufficient for amplifying line-level signals) achievable in exponential mode.
- Offset control adding an adjustable voltage from 0 to 8V to the gain CV.